Tuesday, February 28, 2012

21 Day Breakthrough

Okay so weight loss is one of those touchy topics, but I'm about to lay my hands all on it (lol).  Over the past few weeks I have lost weight, because of a detox that I did.  It was my third time doing the detox and this time was the best and I got inspired (and inspired more to follow).  Although I can not take credit for this detox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqNPr4lRvN4), I will take the credit for the change that I am going to incorporate. 

Studies show that it takes at least 21 days to break a habit and that's what I plan to do.  I have an addiction and like all addictions, it's a habit that is not easy to let go of.  I ABSOLUTELY love sweets and they are my downfall.  In one week I lost 8 pounds while drinking smoothies and eating salads.  I don't know if it was water weight or not, but I have gotten compliments from random people who have noticed (yaaayyy me). 

So I am changing the way she did things, to fit into what I can do and what people I know can do.  Trying to lose weight is hard enough.  Trying to lose weight, while on the strictest of diets, is failure waiting to happen.  So starting on Tuesday March 6th, I will start my 21 Day Breakthrough and show my progress (pictures and all), each week, during the 21 days.  I would love to have others join me on this journey.  So share this blog and I can send an email to those who want to join.  I may even have a raffle (tell your friends).

Remember, losing weight is personal to everyone.  As an African American, health is our number one concern.  We have the worst diet habits and even worse health issues, in our community.  So even if you like your size and are comfortable with your weight, there may be someone who needs inspiration and this will be the place for them to be. 

Let's do this. 

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment